Argentina Dove Hunting Lodge
Despite its stately 19th century facade, Pica Zuro is a modern launch pad for dove hunters. It’s grand, it’s comfortable, and it’s close to the doves. At Pica Zuro short drives are the norm: the lodge is positioned to reach hundreds of private-access hunting locations within minutes. There are never ending flocks, all year round.
Each day, hunters leave the pastoral setting on the lodge and move to the hills and fields, where doves fly in spectacular numbers
Upon returning to the lodge, our skilled chef assures that meals are fit for a king. Pica Zuro’s staff–including guides and tenured field assistants–see to every detail, so your focus remains down the rib of your gun.
High-Volume Dove Hunts in Cordoba
Forget what you’ve heard about dove hunting in Mexico, or what you used to hear about the doves in Colombia. Simply put, the dove hunting available in our part of Córdoba is, on its worst day, amazing, and more typically is beyond comparison with any other dove hunting resource around the globe.
Córdoba is considered the Dove Hunting Capital of the World for good reason. More than 50 million non-migratory doves inhabit the area around our lodge. Furthermore, these 50 million birds reproduce at an average rate of five times a year. So that is the dove resource we have available. To utilize this staggering resource, the lodge has 55 hunting locations located within a short drive through the region’s rolling farmland. Some locations are field edges, some are dry creek bottoms, and others are the edges of wood lots or hill country with high brush. Each offers a different hunting challenge, and we have the ability to dial up or dial down the difficulty of the hunting within each location.
The daily hunting program generally starts at 8 a.m., with a hearty breakfast and a short drive to the shoot.
In the field you will be assigned a pick-up boy, who provides you with shells and refreshments and directs you to your hunting stand. Once you are placed and ready, hunting begins, and either one or two full-time bird boys will assist you. Additionally, our head guide will also be available to assist or provide tips on your hunting if desired.
Depending on the time of the year, you will hunt till noon, when you’ll be treated to an incredible Asado-style lunch, served in the shade of a comfortable safari tent, featuring Argentina’s wonderful beef and superb wines. Many hunters like to enjoy a nap after lunch, with afternoon hunting sessions beginning at around 2 or 2:30, and continuing until late in the day. There is no required quitting time, good sense and tired shooters dictate when the day is through. After hunting there is time for showers and cocktails at the lodge prior to dinner.
Each day the lodge donates hundreds of doves to a local food kitchen that serves the area’s needy children.
WHY CHOOSE PICA ZURO LODGE?
- Branded by David Denies, the pioneer of dove hunting in Argentina since 1984.
- Stylish refurbished 19th century estate, with high ceilings, spacious rooms, and marble-accented baths. All amenities are 5-Star.
- Pica Zuro for twenty years has set the benchmark for others to follow.
- Daily à la carte menu, premium wine selection, and open bar are all-inclusive.
- Game room, outdoor hot tub, lap pool, dry sauna, and massage room.
- Outdoor fire pit for afternoon and evening relaxation.
- Ideal for large group (up to 15 guests), couples, and corporate trips—expect great value without sacrificing comfort.
- More than 250,000 acres of land means that we hunt a mix of steep hills, sunflower fields, creeks beds, and sorghum plots so you can enjoy variety and quality hunting year round.
- Ideally located for shorter drives to the best shooting grounds.
- Safari-style tented lunch in the field assures a full day of hunting and no time lost driving to and from the lodge.
- Personalized service: from welcome drinks every day and cool towels in the field to turn down service at night, and a steadfast commitment to local communities, we have redefined the meaning of “customized”—for the better.