Whitetail Deer Hunting Ranch in South Texas
Established in 1981, the Hale Ranch has grown from the original 1600 acres to over 3000 acres of prime Texas hunting. The ranch is in the very desirable South Texas hunting region, located in Zavala County between Uvalde and Pearsall, Texas.
Situated in Texas Parks & Wildlife Department’s most demanding category for the Texas Big Game Awards, the terrain is dense brush with some rocky ridges, which offers a good habitat for wildlife. The ranch is home to numerous wildlife species such as Whitetail deer, Bobwhite and Blue Quail, Rio Grande Turkey, and Feral Hogs.
The original 1600 acres has been high fenced since 1982 and the expanded acreage high fenced in 2002. The ranch is intensively managed to provide wildlife a suitable habitat to thrive in and provide the dedicated hunter with a sporting opportunity to bag a covetable trophy animal.
From the beginning we wanted to be able to offer those things that we, as hunters, think are important to having a good, successful, and memorable hunt. We work each year to improve upon the quality of the wildlife at the Ranch. New genetics have been introduced and superior young bucks have been released on the ranch so to enhance the desirable genetics of our deer herd. The deer pictured below are the sires to some of the deer that have been released on the ranch.
Affordable Deer Hunting Packages
- Whitetail deer hunts are available between November and February.
- On Premise Lodging & Meals
- Comfortable hunting blinds
- Doe- time permitting after harvesting your buck
- Hog- time permitting after harvesting your buck
- Guide- All hunts are typically guided (1 to 1 or 1 to 2 ratio)
- Field Dressing
- Cold Storage
- Guide’s Choice Buck – A buck designated by guide.
- Management Buck – A 3½ + buck that scores up to 129 7/8 Boone & Crockett (B&C) points.
- Trophy Buck – A Mature Buck that scores 130+ (B&C).
Fees: Hunting Season
- Booking Fee – 3 Day Hunt: $1,500 (Non-refundable) per hunter. Due within 2 weeks of confirmation. (credited against any Trophy fee due).
- Harvest Fees:
- Management Buck- No Additional fees.
- Trophy Buck- See Schedule below.
- Trophy Fee Schedule:
- All scoring is based on Boone & Crockett (B&C) gross “green” score as determined by the ranch manager during the assigned hunting period.
- 130 to 139 7/8 B&C – $3,000-$3,900 ($100/inch over 130)
- 140 to 149 7/8 B&C – $4,000-$4,900($100/inch over 140)
- 150 to 159 7/8 B&C – $5,000-$5,900 ($100/inch over 150)
- 160 to 169 7/8 B&C – $6,500-$7,400 ($100/inch over 160)
- 170 to 179 7/8 B&C – $7,500-$8,400 ($100/inch over 170)
- 180 to 189 7/8 B&C – $8,500-$9,400 ($100/inch over 180)
- 190 to 199 7/8 B&C – $9,500-$10,400 ($100/inch over 190)
- 200 to 209 7/8 B&C -$10,500-$12,300 ($200/inch over 200)
- 210 to 219 7/8 B&C – $12,500-$14,300 ($200/inch over 210)
Priced on request
Texas Whitetail Deer Hunting Lodge
The hunter’s quarters is climate controlled and furnished with semi private bedrooms (including bedding) multiple bathrooms, kitchen with necessary cooking & eating utensils, TV, and WIFI.
For hunters who must travel by commercial airline, San Antonio is one hour away. There is also a private airport in Uvalde. We can provide shuttle service with adequate notice. For more information on our location, see our location page.