Click for Safari Outfitters and Exotic Ranches with Affordable Hunting Packages for Thomsons Gazelle Hunts.

Cost of a Thomson’s Gazelle Hunt in Texas or Africa

The cost of Thomson’s Gazelle trophy hunts on an big game ranch will average between $6,000 and $7,500, considered moderately affordable for an exotic animal hunt. The final total depends on the size of the rack, trophy fee, rifle or bow hunt, number of days, taxidermy fees, guide fees, quality of accommodations, amenities and services available.

Thomson’s Gazelle Hunting Season

All year long

Hunting Thomson’s Gazelle

Hunters must move slowly and carefully into position, as the Thomsons gazelle has an incredible sense of hearing, a great sense of smell, and terrific eyesight. When it spots a predator, it can flee at a speed of 40 miles per hour.

The Thomsons gazelle sports a beautiful set of horns. Though the gazelle rarely fights predators, it will use its horns to fight other males over territory. These are very long, they curve slightly, and they come to sharp points. The males and females have horns, but the males are longer. The horns have ridges running up their length, though the females horns are smooth. These horns are often between 18 and 30 inches long.

Physical Characteristics

The Thomsons gazelle stands about 22 inches to 32 inches at the shoulder, and it is between 31 and 47 inches tall. Its a rather small game animal, with females weighing between 33 and 55 pounds, while males weigh between 44 and 77 pounds.

The animals coat is gorgeous, consisting of a light brown;often called cinnamon;with clear black stripes along the sides. These stripes can be half a foot thick or more, so they really stand out and break up the coat. The underside is white, as is a patch on the rump and the underside of the tail. The face has both black and white markings.

Origin, Native Habitat and Countries

Generally, the Thomsons gazelle sticks to grasslands and open plains. Around 90 percent of the food it eats is simply grass, with the other 10 percent made up of shrubs and seeds. One of the important features of the Thompsons gazelle is that it doesnt need much water, instead getting water from food, so it can live in very dry areas with few water sources.

The Thomsons Gazelle has a huge population in its native Africa, which is estimated at around 550,000 animals. This makes it the most common of all the gazelles in the eastern part of Africa. It is found in both Kenya and Tanzania.

Behavior/Social Characteristics

A Thomsons gazelle is almost always going to be part of a herd, though these herds are often divided by sex, with huge herds of females and their young. Males then have their own herds, and theyll mix to mate. Migration is important to these animals, as they seek out food or water. While migrating, they are open to mixing in with herds of other animals, such as zebras or the Grants gazelle, with which the Thomsons gazelle is often confused.

Guided Thompson’s Gazelle Trophy Hunts

Contact us for free-range or high-fence antelope hunts in Texas.